Saturday, October 24th for Piano, String, Voice, Woodwind on Virtual through Zoom except Piano divisions.
For all Elementary, Middle and High School students.
The Piano divisions must submit YouTube unlisted two separate videos with two contrasting selections on their time limit by Saturday October 18th.
The String, Woodwind, Voice can also submit YouTube unlisted two separate videos with two contrasting selections on their time limit by Saturday October 18th or perform live through zoom. You need to have accompaniment tracks to play/sing along. You may ask your pianist to record it for you, so you can practice. Your pianist can perform for you with social distancing.
- Peewee division (K- 5th): Two contrasting pieces no more than 5 minutes
- Junior division (6 to 8th): Two contrasting pieces no more than 8 minutes
- Senior division (9 to 12th): Two contrasting pieces no more than 10 minutes
- The Virtual Winners’ concert will be on Sunday, November 17thand selected winner will be performing at the 2021 AAMS concert, Millennium Stage and/or REACH, Kennedy Center.
- There will be a small scholarship for the first place winners.
* The application deadline is Saturday, October 11, 2020. Upon receipt of the application, we will contact you to arrange the audition time through E-Mail.
* You may print out the application form from our web: www.aamsopera.com
- A copy of your current resume and a short biography
- 1 current school photos or two passport photos.(Except last year’s competitors)
- $40 application fee (non-refundable) payable to Asian American Music Society, email@example.com on Paypal, you must choose Friends and Family: https://www.paypal.com
All applicants must send materials through e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: 2020 International Competition
Address:39 Eton Overlook Rockville MD 20850
Information: www.aamsopera.comor write to: email@example.com
Year 2020 Competition Winners: Click Here
Year 2019 Competition Winners: Click Here